Microsoft 365 features that help users manage their subscriptions, account settings, and billing information.
Oh, I now see it over to the right.
Thanks!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi
Users are getting the subject message when trying to use Dictate in Office 365 E3 subscription.
The internet is ‘working’, apps signed in with O365 accounts so there is seems to be either a security profile setting, proxy filter or firewall issue. A lot of searching and I found very little documentation on this message, and certainly cannot find a definitive answer as to what/if Dictation requires certain firewall ports open nor what security profile setting to check in GPO which may apply.
The following TechNet article suggested reviewing O365 Org Settings and Privacy but anything relating to Speech seems fine.
These options are managed by the organisation but where do I look in the Admin portal to enable Dictate?
Any pointers welcome.
Microsoft 365 features that help users manage their subscriptions, account settings, and billing information.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Oh, I now see it over to the right.
Thanks!
Thanks. However, what's the purpose of opening the Microsoft account page in Firefox? I don't see that that changes anything when I then open Word. And when I do, I see nothing under Home.
When I sign in using Firefox, I see no "Home," and so I can't find Dictate.
Did you open a program like Word? HOME is not found on the contents splash page, only when you open an app like Word, Power Point, OneNote, etc. Dictate, then, is a microphone logo found on the right side of the menu bar.
Hi,
I'd like to use the Dictate feature, but I cannot make sense of the instructions:
When I sign in using Firefox, I see no "Home," and so I can't find Dictate.
Can someone please advise?
Thanks,
Susan
I had the same trouble in Office 365 Personal. Here's a weird solution. Close the document you are working on and open a new one, even a template. Now start dictation. It worked for me going this route. I reopened my document that gave me the initial trouble, and it worked fine then.