Microsoft 365 features that help users manage their subscriptions, account settings, and billing information.
I'm having the EXACT same issue.
I don't understand all the computer mumbo, jumbo. I just need this fixed. How do i do that?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi
Users are getting the subject message when trying to use Dictate in Office 365 E3 subscription.
The internet is ‘working’, apps signed in with O365 accounts so there is seems to be either a security profile setting, proxy filter or firewall issue. A lot of searching and I found very little documentation on this message, and certainly cannot find a definitive answer as to what/if Dictation requires certain firewall ports open nor what security profile setting to check in GPO which may apply.
The following TechNet article suggested reviewing O365 Org Settings and Privacy but anything relating to Speech seems fine.
These options are managed by the organisation but where do I look in the Admin portal to enable Dictate?
Any pointers welcome.
Microsoft 365 features that help users manage their subscriptions, account settings, and billing information.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I'm having the EXACT same issue.
I don't understand all the computer mumbo, jumbo. I just need this fixed. How do i do that?
Also, it works fine in PowerPoint.
Hi
No, the workaround have no effect for me. I have sent some feedback reports just now.
Im on 2102 and still have the same issue as everyone else here.
Thank you for reporting. Whenever you experience this issue, could you please select Help > Feedback (or click the Smile in the top right) and choose "I don't like something". Please include #DictationInternetIssue and check the box to attach logs as it can help us find the feedback and investigate.
For now, are you able to get around the issue by saving the file or running Editor from the Home tab?
Apologies again for the inconvenience.
James
I made some friends by the yearly subscriptions for the dictation function alone (they are handicapped), and after it worked the first day, it has stopped working and give the same internet connection error for them. I also get the same error on my computer.