Microsoft 365 features that help users manage their subscriptions, account settings, and billing information.
I have the same problem on a Galaxy Tab S6 lite.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I wonder if anyone else has encountered this problem as well?
Every time I try and open the Office 365 app, it automatically closes the application within a second.
I have tried restarting the computer and reinstalling the app several times.
It is a brand new Chromebook Lenovo Yoga with a clean installation.
It has worked flawlessly for about 1 month and suddenly while working in a document, it refused to open up a PDF. Therefore, I restarted the computer after saving and closing down everything as I should.
After that it keeps closing and I am unable to use the Office 365 app, downloaded from the Google Play store, thereby also lost access to all my notes in there, though other documents can be accessed through a browser.
The other Microsoft Office applications I have installed work just fine; Outlook, OneNote & OneDrive.
The Office 365 app is the ONLY application on my Chromebook that there is any issue with, so I would love to avoid a factory reset of my Chromebook, for it to "might work".
Another interesting thing that happens is that after I try, I can hear my processor get a workout and the fan goes crazy, which is the first time I have ever experienced this computer to make any noise what so ever.
I use Office 365 with a license from my university study, so as of now, I have lost a good amount of notes but are simply working in Google Drive, for the time being, losing the advantages of using a common platform with my study groups.
I sincerely hope that we can find a fix for this issue.
Microsoft 365 features that help users manage their subscriptions, account settings, and billing information.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I have the same problem on a Galaxy Tab S6 lite.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
The MS 365 app on my Chromebook closes immediately after opening. I have tried reinstalling. Lots of people seem to be having the same problem. I see no solutions posted.
Same. I have a Pixelbook Go and the Office app just closes after a few seconds when I try to open any of the programs. Very frustrating. The only work around I have found so far is to use Office online in the browser (making sure that the Office app is uninstalled from my Chromebook). This at least lets me use the different programs online.
Same exact issue here. I might be confirming my mistake of moving to a Chromebook. This is a game changer not being able to use Office 365. I was hoping it was a simple fix but it seems as if Chrome and Micro do not want to play.