Microsoft respects your privacy, but, I cannot click on, and CLOSE?

Anonymous
2019-11-02T16:17:50+00:00

Microsoft  respects your privacy, but, I cannot click on, and CLOSE?  When trying to close the Microsoft Office 365, it will not let me close, but, does say Click on Word, etc.!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

54 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Stefan Blom 353.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2020-06-12T09:58:27+00:00

    I'm glad you got it fixed.

    Note that uninstalling/reinstalling wouldn't have helped, because you can't circumvent the license/privacy agreement; you have to accept it in order to continue using Office.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-30T15:30:36+00:00

    The dialog box should have an Accept button so that you can confirm the agreement. If you can't see the whole dialog box, you may have to temporarily change the resolution for your monitor and then try again.

    The Solution/Workaround is simple. 

    Keep pressing the tab key till the cursor disappears from screen and will be at the Accept button. Now press the Space bar. It would be same as pressing the Accept button.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-01-16T17:01:26+00:00

    Thanks; that's logical and I think it would work.  Unfortunately I followed a suggestion on another thread and deleted Word and Excel files so that I no longer see the Microsoft respects your privacy blurb.  In my case, there's no way I can tab right, don't know how to undo what I've done.

    I wish I'd seen your reply first!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Stefan Blom 353.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2019-11-05T14:46:49+00:00

    If you mean that you "killed" the task that was asking you to accept the license agreement, I suspect that the message will return sooner or later.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-11-05T13:33:55+00:00

    Cliff, I could not follow your input, to correct my problem, so, I turned to DELL Technical support, and the Tech to over my PC, and found the problem to be with Microsoft Word.  Seems to be working just fine.  BTW, for those having the problem, or any other, turn to the Task listings, then delete the one you are having problems with, then DELETE that Task.

    Thanks, Cliff

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments