One Note - Hiding completed tasks once completed on Desktop

Anonymous
2020-01-25T07:35:53+00:00

Where in One Note desktop version is the hide completed tasks from To Do lists. On my phone the completed tasks disappear but on the desktop they all remain making this a useless very long To Do list - finding open tasks is awful. Having to fully delete Tasks in To Do lists in Desktop OneNote leaves no record of ever doing the task. Often I want to check when I completed it - particularly with my work account. There should be an option in the ribbon to hide completed To Do's once completed. If it does exist I would love to know how to do it as I can't find it. 

I have started using OneNote at work and on my personal account for organising and recording daily activities and this flaw is making me have to look at alternatives for To Do lists which is a shame, as the mobile version seems to have the functionality. 

Regards

Julian Floyd

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-11-24T14:59:15+00:00

    There's a workaround that I found that might be helpful to others that is having this issue.  

    What you can do on your pc is that you can create a new list with a "new box" on the same page, put in the new list and discard the old list completely.  

    This way, the old list will be deleted forever, so you don't have to keep the long completed list that you already cross out on the phone.  In addition, the phone will always combine your new list in the new box as if it's one list.

    Hope this method helps, as you can always do everything on your desktop without using the phone.

    Nick

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-11-24T08:07:35+00:00

    I completely agree - this is basic functionality that is required to make this usable as a To Do list. Is a fix coming anytime soon - it is doing my head in!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-11-08T17:45:43+00:00

    Where in One Note desktop version is the hide completed tasks from To Do lists. On my phone the completed tasks disappear but on the desktop they all remain making this a useless very long To Do list - finding open tasks is awful. Having to fully delete Tasks in To Do lists in Desktop OneNote leaves no record of ever doing the task. Often I want to check when I completed it - particularly with my work account. There should be an option in the ribbon to hide completed To Do's once completed. If it does exist I would love to know how to do it as I can't find it. 

    I have started using OneNote at work and on my personal account for organising and recording daily activities and this flaw is making me have to look at alternatives for To Do lists which is a shame, as the mobile version seems to have the functionality. 

    Regards

    Julian Floyd

    Please I want this feature too!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-28T15:29:40+00:00

    They need to fix this simple little issue as it creates issues with workflows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-08T05:58:51+00:00

    Indeed!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments