Delete account - Microsoft Teams

Anonymous
2019-12-29T09:00:08+00:00

Split from this thread.

I have the same issue with MS teams.  I have signed out and will not let me sign in with work account.  Just says that I have a work account.  Asks for for sign in but does nothing.  However the personal account is listed that needs to go away.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

57 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-12-29T11:03:16+00:00

    Hi Jason Monroe,

    May I first know which device are you using? Since the methods for different platform will be different.

    If you encounter this problem on your iOS device, this may because that your iOS app is managed by app protection policies of your organization.

    Typically, you will get such a notice: "The apps on this device are already managed. Only a single managed account is allowed on a device. Select account you want to remove. This account and all associated data will be removed from all managed apps.". In this situation, only one managed work account supports to be used. The second work account will be removed mandatorily, it depends on which one you would like to use.

    To sign in the account you want to use, you can first go to Settings > Sign out, and sign out the existed account. Then add another account back.

    An additional personal account is also allowed, to add it: click the left top area in Teams, choose Settings > Add account > Add existing account, then you are expected to add a your personal account.

    If the above information will not be helpful for your situation, please kindly post back and provide us with a screenshot of the error page. So that we can help you better.

    Best,

    Shawn

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-12-30T15:28:40+00:00

    Hi Jason,

    How are you Jason, if you still need help, please kindly let us know at any time.

    Best,

    Shawn

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-12-30T16:03:06+00:00

    It seems the issue with my IPhone and how I am attached to our network.  As soon as I connected internally to our WIFI it then prompted to select my Work profile.  Must be how it moves to the sign-in screen.  When external to the network I was not able to get into the teams account and an error was thrown accessing the sign-in screen.  My guess is the sign-in endpoint was not available. Now that I am authenticated it looks like it is working.

    Regards,

    Jason

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-12-31T15:30:59+00:00

    Hi Jason,

    Thanks for your feedback and clarification. Regarding you situation, if you can only access your work account in a internal network, your IT admin may have set up some policies and limitation about the work account on mobile endpoints. You can contact with your IT admin for further confirmation on this. And if you need any other, you're always welcome to post back at any time. We're always glad to share our experience and offer help.

    Wish you a happy new year :)

    Best,

    Shawn

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-03-09T15:49:17+00:00

    I have a similar but different problem. I am on ios (ipad) right now, and I made a mistake in my account, I would like to permanently delete it. Aftr I delete my account, would it still be possible to make a brand new one with the same email? 

    thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments