OneDrive Online wont scroll

Anonymous
2019-08-14T20:13:11+00:00

I recently encountered a problem where when I login to OneDrive online, I can't scroll down to access all of my folders. I can only access the ones that are currently showing on the screen. This is happening on another co-workers computer as well. Now when I select "Sort", then "Rearrange" and then "cancel" it, the scroll bar pops up for a split second and I can scroll, but then it quickly disappears and the page is stuck at the spot the scroll bar disappeared. Does anyone have an idea why the scroll bar won't load to allow me to see all my files?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-08-19T14:36:00+00:00

Yes, clearing the browsing data fixed the problem.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-09-18T16:20:12+00:00

    This issue has resurfaced as of today (September 18). It's happening across multiple browsers (Chrome, Safari), and clearing my entire browsing history did not fix it. Office online apps do not appear to be affected as I was able to scroll through Word and Excel documents without a problem. It's only when attempting to scroll through the files on the OneDrive website itself.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-08-19T14:49:50+00:00

    Hi AHerr2,

    Thank you for sharing your experience and solution here. This will help the other community member to find the solution if they come across the same situation. 

    We're glad to hear that your problem has been solved.

    If you have any other question, you can post a thread in our forum and our engineers will continue to help you.

    Best Regards,

    Sukie

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-08-16T07:00:43+00:00

    Hi AHerr2,

    May I know if you have seem my reply? Has your problem been solved? If the problem persists, you can come back and we will continue to help you.

    Best Regards,

    Sukie

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-08-15T01:13:12+00:00

    Hi AHerr2,

    Thank you for your message in our forum. We understand the inconvenience caused by it. And we’re glad to help you.

    I have tested it with my OneDrive Online according to your description, I cannot reproduce the same situation as yours.

    Given this situation, we’d give you the suggestions below and hope that will help you:

    1. We’d suggest you change another browser to check if the same problem will occur.
    2. At the same time, you can try to use a different connection. For example, you can use your phone’s connection by opening a hotspot to check if the same problem will occur. This will help you troubleshoot if it is caused by firewall or proxies.
    3. May I know if you are using IE? If so, you can open Internet Explorer > click on Tools and select Internet Options > Select the Advanced tab and check the option which reads "Use Smooth Scrolling".

    If the problem persists, to narrow down the issue, I want to confirm the information below with you:

    1. Do all the other people have the same problem?
    2. You can go to a SharePoint document library or list to check if the same problem will occur. You can also open another page instead of OneDrive Online to check if the same problem will occur.
    3. You can click the  scroll bar and pull the scroll bar down to check if the page can be pulled down successfully.

    Best Regards,

    Sukie

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments