Can't Signout of OneDrive Account on Android

Anonymous
2020-01-29T13:23:42+00:00

On my Android device (Samsung Galaxy Note10+) I have two one drive accounts I've been using: one a school account and the other a personal account and have been doing so for a long time now without issue.

For some reason, another personal account I have with Microsoft now keeps showing up in OneDrive and, therefore, OneDrive won't allow me to sign in to the account I want to use.

I've tried deleting account in phone's settings but it keeps coming back. So, I've gone into Apps Settings and Forced Stop on OneDrive, Disabled, Cleared Cache and Data, deleted all OneDrive accounts but, after restarting OneDrive, the unwanted account pops back up again.

Also, for this account, Sign Out is grayed--I can sign out of my school account but not the unwanted one.

Massively frustrating!!!

Any/all help greatly appreciated!

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-06-06T19:48:56+00:00

Hi,

Thanks for responding!

While your post is very much appreciated, as stated in the initial post, attempts were made to delete the unwanted account and it kept returning. So while I know that your post was intended to be helpful it's unfortunately not a solution that works in this instance.

Here again are the options that work for this particular issue (a known conflict btwn OneDrive accounts and Samsung account):

There are several solutions posted above, all amounting to the same thing: Sign out of your Samsung account. Here are the solutions posted so far:

Solution for Samsung Phones:

So, this is on a Samsung phone (Note10+). Samsung said i had to sign out of, or delete my Samsung account. It's linked, somehow, with OneDrive and messes things up. As soon as i got rid of that account, OneDrive started behaving correctly.

Or:

What I did to fix it THIS time is logged into my Samsung account online and then went to "Services" and "Unlinked" my microsoft account.  Then I was able to go back to my OneDrive app and viola, I could log out.

Or:

went to Accounts and backups in Settings and selected Accounts then found my Samsung account to selected it.  Then selected Apps and services and there's Connected Apps in there you select and Disconnect from Microsoft Account.  Once disconnected went back to OneDrive app and able to Sign Out without it being grayed out anymore and able to sign in under new Microsoft account.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-05-13T16:38:25+00:00

There are several solutions posted above, all amounting to the same thing: Sign out of your Samsung account. Here are the solutions posted so far:

Solution for Samsung Phones:

So, this is on a Samsung phone (Note10+). Samsung said i had to sign out of, or delete my Samsung account. It's linked, somehow, with OneDrive and messes things up. As soon as i got rid of that account, OneDrive started behaving correctly.

Or:

What I did to fix it THIS time is logged into my Samsung account online and then went to "Services" and "Unlinked" my microsoft account.  Then I was able to go back to my OneDrive app and viola, I could log out.

Or:

went to Accounts and backups in Settings and selected Accounts then found my Samsung account to selected it.  Then selected Apps and services and there's Connected Apps in there you select and Disconnect from Microsoft Account.  Once disconnected went back to OneDrive app and able to Sign Out without it being grayed out anymore and able to sign in under new Microsoft account.

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-03-05T17:11:28+00:00

Did you manage to solve your problem? I'm facing the same thing. 

I did! Should have posted that here.

Solution for Samsung Phones:

So, this is on a Samsung phone (Note10+). Samsung said i had to sign out of, or delete my Samsung account. It's linked, somehow, with OneDrive and messes things up. As soon as i got rid of that account, OneDrive started behaving correctly.

Hope this helps!

Was this answer helpful?

6 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-04-22T19:29:34+00:00

I have the wrong account linked to my phone and i can not sign out to link the right one

I don't know what if you have a Samsung phone or not, but the solution for me came directly from Samsung and OneDrive has worked trouble free ever since.

Solution for Samsung Phones:

So, this is on a Samsung phone (Note10+). Samsung said i had to sign out of, or delete my Samsung account. It's linked, somehow, with OneDrive and messes things up. As soon as i got rid of that account, OneDrive started behaving correctly.

Was this answer helpful?

3 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

38 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-02-01T11:07:16+00:00

    Hi, I had the same problem on my Samsung tablet but then I found out how to fix it. You need to go into my files and go into the onedrive option once you go in it'll bring you to the sign in options. Once you put in your user name or email it'll say that you are already signed in, there will be two options remain signed in with this account or sign out and sign in with a different account. Press on sign in with a different account and it will work! If you are already signed in in my files go into onedrive in my files and press on the three dots in the top right corner then go into settings then press on onedrive and press sign out. Your welcome😀

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments