Invalid notebook name error - Microsoft OneNote

Anonymous
2019-04-17T16:37:36+00:00

I get the above error when I try to create a new blank notebook. I checked to make sure I am logged into my Microsoft Account, and have tried all variations I can think of like adding more words, separating the words with underscore, or dash lines. There is not button on the form to get more details about the error or what the fix would be. What should I do?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-04-17T16:58:59+00:00

Hi, I'm Roberta, a Microsoft Advisor and I'm here to help and assist you!

Did you try to repair Onenote?

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair...

Hope this helps!

Thank you

Was this answer helpful?

9 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-06-14T00:27:44+00:00

    I spoke to soon.  After doing as described above it started creating the Notebook with the spinning disk, but then failed again.

    Time for Microsoft to identify a real solution other than the standard "run repair"...  Just reading this thread shows there is a fundamental OneNote issue somewhere. This makes OneNote unusable, time to google for an alternative...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-06-13T23:53:17+00:00

    Hi,

    Same issue. This did not work. It states "this user is not a one note business user"...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-06-04T17:30:46+00:00

    Hi, I'm Roberta, a Microsoft Advisor and I'm here to help and assist you!

    Did you try to repair Onenote?

    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair...

    Hope this helps!

    Thank you

    Hello Roberta and any other Microsoft Support Personnel - this does not help and this thread is full of people unable to use their product.  Please offer further guidance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-05-30T14:48:17+00:00

    Same here. Repair and reset did not resolve the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments