Invalid notebook name error - Microsoft OneNote

Anonymous
2019-04-17T16:37:36+00:00

I get the above error when I try to create a new blank notebook. I checked to make sure I am logged into my Microsoft Account, and have tried all variations I can think of like adding more words, separating the words with underscore, or dash lines. There is not button on the form to get more details about the error or what the fix would be. What should I do?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-04-17T16:58:59+00:00

Hi, I'm Roberta, a Microsoft Advisor and I'm here to help and assist you!

Did you try to repair Onenote?

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair...

Hope this helps!

Thank you

Was this answer helpful?

9 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-07-17T19:09:41+00:00

    I had a user with the same problem. User was assigned O365 Business in the portal, but not OneDrive, even though OneDrive was installed on the local PC.  As soon as I assigned OneDrive to the user, problem was resolved!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-06-27T00:25:49+00:00

    Neither reset or repair work. I have read this thread and cannot find any help. Please advise on your fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-06-14T02:14:42+00:00

    For all of you who have been trying and trying to create a notebook. i just stumbled onto something while doing mine. 

    So first I will set the parameters under which said notebook was created.

    1. I used a personal account
    2. While the spinning graphic was going on, i accidentally clicked the x at the top of the window and BAM new notebook was born! Im not sure exactly what happened but it worked.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-06-06T14:01:12+00:00

    Hi,

    My IT department has confirmed this.  Thanks for replying.  Thank goodness for the online version of OneNote.

    Adam

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments