OS X Mojave / OneDrive finder integration

Anonymous
2018-10-08T15:45:15+00:00

With OS X High Sierra, OneDrive had finder integration. I could right click a file in onedrive and share the link from the finder. With OS X Mojave, that function is missing. I have checked, and all Office 365 products are patched up. Has this functionality not been integrated into Office 365 & Mojave, or is it a setting that I need to turn on?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-11-02T02:09:39+00:00

Relaunching Finder doesn't fix the issue. Are you running OS X Mojave?

Here's the solution and worked to me.

Go to "System Preferences" -> "Extension" -> Enable "OneDrive - Finder Extensions".

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-08-06T19:44:45+00:00

    I have Dropbox and OneDrive. Both had "Finder Extensions" checked in System Preferences. DropBox' overlays were working fine, OneDrive's not. After turning off the Dropbox extensions and back on the OneDrive Finder extensions appeared. Hope that helps.

    I had dropbox, I decided it was too much $ and too much space for my needs. I found OneDrive to be the solution. Of course that led to the problems with the overlays. After contacting support I was led through a loop of wrong information. I discovered this on my own. Not one of these "techs" ever mentioned the finder extension. How could they not know of the issue and inform customers? 

    Tried disable of each finder extension one by one, then relaunch of finder. There were only two finder extensions I could use and have  OneDrive work properly. 

    and chose to enable the other apps (if needed) after launch. This works. 

    If the system is already launched checking the extensions doesn't change OneDrive overlays. Reboot and they are gone. What is needed is a script to disable/enable the other app/s on logout then on login after a delay. If I'm able to write one I'll post it. No luck so far. 

    I am happy with OneDrive or I would have ditched it, just like I did dropbox. 

    BTW dropbox overlays always worked like a charm.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-08-07T10:03:36+00:00

    I am still having issues.

    I have tried disabling the Drop Box extensions, relaunching.  

    Disabling OneDrive extensions, relaunching.. and then re-enavling and relaunching... and many combinations in-between but to no avail.

    Drop box not showing the extensions either.. so not sure what's going on still.

    iCloud work's like a charm.. but nothing else seems to show the extensions properly (so I can't see what's synced etc from Finder).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-08-07T10:10:15+00:00

    Ahhh...

    I thought I'd spend a little more time exploring the finder extensions and as has been mentioned before and as I suspected some sort of clash between finder extensions.

    So.. I had NXPower Finder and Adobe's Core Sync Helper.

    If you're still having issues disable all of them then enable OneDrive (I did this first) then added Drop Box back in.. and all is working fine right now.

    It looks like its the NXPower extension as I just reenabled Core sync and so far so good.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-08-20T23:07:23+00:00

    OMG, at last and answer that solves this problem for me!

    This fixes it.

    What I also found was that when I boot up my system, the NXPower extension loads before the OneDrive, Creative Cloud and Dropbox extensions, but after my Box extension. This explains  why the icons were still displaying for Box but not the others.

    Anyhoo, simply turning the NXPower extension off and on in the Preferences panel re-enables the Finder icons for me.

    Thanks for this PhilCG! 😃

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments