OS X Mojave / OneDrive finder integration

Anonymous
2018-10-08T15:45:15+00:00

With OS X High Sierra, OneDrive had finder integration. I could right click a file in onedrive and share the link from the finder. With OS X Mojave, that function is missing. I have checked, and all Office 365 products are patched up. Has this functionality not been integrated into Office 365 & Mojave, or is it a setting that I need to turn on?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-11-02T02:09:39+00:00

Relaunching Finder doesn't fix the issue. Are you running OS X Mojave?

Here's the solution and worked to me.

Go to "System Preferences" -> "Extension" -> Enable "OneDrive - Finder Extensions".

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-10-09T07:30:26+00:00

    Hi David,

    Thanks for reporting the issue to us.

    We can reproduce the same situation on our side. We will confirm the issue with our related team. Once there is an update, we will post back to let you know.

    Thanks,

    Ran

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-10-10T08:55:40+00:00

    Hi David,

    For further investigation, we need to collect your tenant information. To protect your privacy, I have sent you a private message. You can access it via https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/privatemessage/inbox

    Thanks,

    Ran

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-10-11T16:52:41+00:00

    If you can replicate the issue, I don't understand why you need my tenant information. This would require me talking to IT, which I have zero desire to do.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-10-18T10:51:41+00:00

    Hi,

    We have exactly the same problem with Mojave.

    After updating to Mojave, the OneDrive Finder Integration stopped working, i.e. it no longer displays the overlays and the OneDrive menu (when right-clicking).

    We have tried to remove completely and reinstall several different versions of OneDrive, but it is always the same. OneDrive itself works, but not the Finder Integrator. There is no process running for this, which it should have. I have made an attempt to start the app extension manually ./FinderSync, but this returns the error code “Illegal instruction: 4”. From what I understand, this indicates that the extension is attempting to use a function call not supported by the OS.

    OneDrive version: 18.172.0826.0013 (Standalone)

    macOS version: macOS 10.14 (18A391)

    Regards,

    Jari

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments