OS X Mojave / OneDrive finder integration

Anonymous
2018-10-08T15:45:15+00:00

With OS X High Sierra, OneDrive had finder integration. I could right click a file in onedrive and share the link from the finder. With OS X Mojave, that function is missing. I have checked, and all Office 365 products are patched up. Has this functionality not been integrated into Office 365 & Mojave, or is it a setting that I need to turn on?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-11-02T02:09:39+00:00

Relaunching Finder doesn't fix the issue. Are you running OS X Mojave?

Here's the solution and worked to me.

Go to "System Preferences" -> "Extension" -> Enable "OneDrive - Finder Extensions".

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-01-18T00:23:39+00:00

    It sounds like you're experiencing a very similar scenario to myself. 

    I've still not encountered any solution to this and it definitely wasn't fixed in the Mojave 10.14.2 release as has been suggested. 

    Quite the enigma.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-01-17T17:50:40+00:00

    So, I have had this issue before on previous versions of Mac OS.

    Even though finder integration was on it wasn't showing the integration features. 

    I disabled it and then reenabled it and then re-launched finder. 

    In the past this has worked.  

    However on Mojave it didn't.

    Strangely but Dropbox also had the same issue.

    So for ages I have tried re-installling OneDrive, no joy, and disable/enabling the extension and then relaunching finder.  No joy.

    Just thought I'd try again and re-launching finder strangely made Dropbox work !  BUT Not OneDrive (personal or business).

    I don't want to go down the files on demand route before it's a formal release so if anyones got any more ideas let me know.

    Note I don't have a OneDrive Cache folder ... so not sure if it should exist !?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-12-14T11:55:35+00:00

    This is the link that I used to help solve the issue (provided by MS support).

    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/try-files-on-demand-for-mac-529f6d53-e572-4922-a585-e7a318c135f0

    I specifically ran the script mentioned and opted into the Office Insiders Programme (through Microsoft AutoUpdate).

    I also deleted the json files (*.json) in ~/Library/Caches/OneDrive, and then relaunched OneDrive.

    I have applied this fix now across a few of our Macs in the office and it is fixing the issue.

    Hope that helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-12-13T05:08:22+00:00

    Ah, no, this hasn't worked for me after updating to 10.14.2.

    I've tried to relaunch Finder, but no joy.

    After updating I momentarily saw the Finder extension icons for Box, but then they went. So I don't see the extensions for anything (OneDrive, Dropbox, Box or Creative Cloud), but they do show for iCloud.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments