OS X Mojave / OneDrive finder integration

Anonymous
2018-10-08T15:45:15+00:00

With OS X High Sierra, OneDrive had finder integration. I could right click a file in onedrive and share the link from the finder. With OS X Mojave, that function is missing. I have checked, and all Office 365 products are patched up. Has this functionality not been integrated into Office 365 & Mojave, or is it a setting that I need to turn on?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-11-02T02:09:39+00:00

Relaunching Finder doesn't fix the issue. Are you running OS X Mojave?

Here's the solution and worked to me.

Go to "System Preferences" -> "Extension" -> Enable "OneDrive - Finder Extensions".

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-04-19T18:43:14+00:00

    I have found this to be a problem, when the preference settings is not consistent. I hve to do this everytime I want to share a file. How Do I fix this?

    Relaunching Finder doesn't fix the issue. Are you running OS X Mojave?

    Here's the solution and worked to me.

    Go to "System Preferences" -> "Extension" -> Enable "OneDrive - Finder Extensions".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-03-02T12:59:17+00:00

    I solved by deactivating the extension: "New file menu extension". In my opinion the problem of OneDrive icons in finder occurs due to conflicts between installed extensions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-02-26T00:21:47+00:00

    I have discovered that there is a direct conflict with the Sophos Endpoint UIServer Finder Extension. I can toggle it on and off, restarting the Finder each time, and the OneDrive Finder icons appear and disappear in conjunction with off and on of the Sophos Extension. I imagine there are other extensions the are in conflict with OneDrive as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-02-25T00:02:04+00:00

    Exactly, I have same conflict with Google Drive App... 

    I suspect that any Finder extension that supports overlay icons will have some sort of conflict. I have been having the same problem and just disabled BCFinder extension which is used by the BeyondCompare diff tool. With that off and then relaunching Finder all of my overlay icons are back. Seems as long as OneDrive is the only Finder Extension selected in Settings it works great.

    These overlays are part of the "Finder Sync Extensions". I wonder if the OneDrive application is being a bit to broad in what it's looking for vs just the OneDrive folder.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments