OS X Mojave / OneDrive finder integration

Anonymous
2018-10-08T15:45:15+00:00

With OS X High Sierra, OneDrive had finder integration. I could right click a file in onedrive and share the link from the finder. With OS X Mojave, that function is missing. I have checked, and all Office 365 products are patched up. Has this functionality not been integrated into Office 365 & Mojave, or is it a setting that I need to turn on?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2018-11-02T02:09:39+00:00

Relaunching Finder doesn't fix the issue. Are you running OS X Mojave?

Here's the solution and worked to me.

Go to "System Preferences" -> "Extension" -> Enable "OneDrive - Finder Extensions".

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-08-06T19:44:45+00:00

    I have Dropbox and OneDrive. Both had "Finder Extensions" checked in System Preferences. DropBox' overlays were working fine, OneDrive's not. After turning off the Dropbox extensions and back on the OneDrive Finder extensions appeared. Hope that helps.

    I had dropbox, I decided it was too much $ and too much space for my needs. I found OneDrive to be the solution. Of course that led to the problems with the overlays. After contacting support I was led through a loop of wrong information. I discovered this on my own. Not one of these "techs" ever mentioned the finder extension. How could they not know of the issue and inform customers? 

    Tried disable of each finder extension one by one, then relaunch of finder. There were only two finder extensions I could use and have  OneDrive work properly. 

    and chose to enable the other apps (if needed) after launch. This works. 

    If the system is already launched checking the extensions doesn't change OneDrive overlays. Reboot and they are gone. What is needed is a script to disable/enable the other app/s on logout then on login after a delay. If I'm able to write one I'll post it. No luck so far. 

    I am happy with OneDrive or I would have ditched it, just like I did dropbox. 

    BTW dropbox overlays always worked like a charm.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-07-19T05:00:12+00:00

    I've finally been able to make some progress with getting the icons across my cloud services (OneDrive, Dropbox, Box, Creative Cloud, Google) to work in Finder on OSX Mojave.

    The answer came by creating a new account on my MacBook Pro and then deleting the old one. When I connected the services, the icons displayed – and as a bonus I got a whole lot of disk space back as those files I don't need haven't been downloaded from the cloud.

    That said, the Finder icons do still disappear occasionally. Now I can get them to return by doing the Opt+Right Click on the Finder icon in the task bar and relaunching Finder.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-07-18T22:12:38+00:00

    I have Dropbox and OneDrive. Both had "Finder Extensions" checked in System Preferences. DropBox' overlays were working fine, OneDrive's not. After turning off the Dropbox extensions and back on the OneDrive Finder extensions appeared. Hope that helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-05-15T10:50:42+00:00

    Tried too... no way.

    To clarify, I have test other solutions like delete some library files, to clear onedrive app with an internal script in the app content, etc... 

    and to clarify more, finder integration icons and files on-demand work with my OneDrive personal files perfectly, but not with SharePoint Files from other locations or users.

    Best Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments