A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Please go in here and take a screen shot and load it here
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am trying to open or preview a docx file in outlook or word. I have upgraded to office 365 thinking it would fix my issue with trying to preview/view docx files, but it has not. I can not preview it in outlook (says no previewer installed) and if I click to open it in Word I get an error saying "Word experienced an error trying to open the file", but if I do the dance to open it in Google Docs it opens without a problem. The files are not corrupt, it happens with ALL of the docx files I receive, and they are from a trusted source. I have tried to repair office with the online repair option with no change.
Please help me fix this issue so I don't have to use google to view my docx files. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and any suggestions provided.
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Please go in here and take a screen shot and load it here
I did also "repair" it when it finished updating and no change
oh and I turned off the automatic update in outlook, as the link says to
I followed the link, checked my build # (1803), and rolled back to the March 27 2018 option (I think). the office window poped up and downloaded, then updated. I reopened outlook and says no previewer installed, I try to open the file and word cant open it.
Am I doing this correctly?
If might no solve the issue then, if before the update was already broken, but please try