Share How you Use Office PopUp - How can I turn this off?

Anonymous
2018-05-17T11:10:23+00:00

Office 365 for MAC - Version 16.13, 180513

Every time I open Excel or Word, a pop up appears asking me if I want to 

SHARE HOW YOU USE OFFICE

No I do not want to share.  I do not want to see this pop up every time I open Word and every time I open Excel.

How can I stop this pop up from appearing?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-22T18:18:07+00:00

    I had the same issue and called into support. The only fix is to go back to the previous version of Office for Mac. I asked for the "share no information" option be created at a feature request. Hopefully they fix this soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-22T18:21:04+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-22T18:29:50+00:00

    Actually, it won't let me change privacy settings. Apparently, office for windows, you can go to the "trust center" in one of the apps. Doesn't exist on Mac!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-05-23T16:56:51+00:00

    I have the same issue here, it's a clear violation of the GDPR rules. Next time I won't renew Office365 and download a pirated version. Totally unacceptable to be forced into sharing our data to keep using Office on Mac and without a way to turn off this popup at every launch.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments