Share How you Use Office PopUp - How can I turn this off?

Anonymous
2018-05-17T11:10:23+00:00

Office 365 for MAC - Version 16.13, 180513

Every time I open Excel or Word, a pop up appears asking me if I want to 

SHARE HOW YOU USE OFFICE

No I do not want to share.  I do not want to see this pop up every time I open Word and every time I open Excel.

How can I stop this pop up from appearing?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-19T20:59:47+00:00

    The setting in preferences-->privacy options - either Full Diagnostic Data or Partial Diagnostic Data

    There is no option to say NO Data (don' send any data)

    I want to select No Data but there is no option to do this.

    I am asking Microsoft to provide a Send No Data Option.  Apple lets me select NO.  I would like Microsoft to let me select NO.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-19T21:01:25+00:00

    Here is the screenshot people have said they can't see.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-20T05:24:21+00:00

    This pop-up did not appear until the most recent Office 365 for Mac update. Now it appears every time I open an Office application, probably because I refuse to choose either data sharing option. 

    The options in the pop-up - full diagnostic data or basic diagnostic data - are the same options in the Word Preferences window. But the Word Preferences window seems to let you choose whether or not you will share personal data at all (I won't). There is no such choice in this new pop-up, so it keeps reappearing - apparently forever.

    I do not know if this is an error on Microsoft's part or if they are becoming more insistent on getting data from users. As a work-around, I am tempted to just start each Office app in the morning, deal with the pop-up once, and leave the app open all day while I open and close files. Hardly desirable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-20T13:58:31+00:00

    Since Apple respects user privacy, another option that I am seriously considering is to use Pages and Numbers instead of Word and Excel.

    Another advantage - these are free!

    Apple will convert them to Word and Excel documents for sharing with Office users - perhaps that means that I have to keep Office 365.

    I hope you are right and that this is a bug that Microsoft will fix!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-05-20T15:24:58+00:00

    I am looking forward to the day when I no longer have to maintain perfect compatibility with other users and can ditch Office in favor of something less troublesome.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments