Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
my apology had copied the link wrong, enter the second link that I sent
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Office 365 for MAC - Version 16.13, 180513
Every time I open Excel or Word, a pop up appears asking me if I want to
SHARE HOW YOU USE OFFICE
No I do not want to share. I do not want to see this pop up every time I open Word and every time I open Excel.
How can I stop this pop up from appearing?
Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
my apology had copied the link wrong, enter the second link that I sent
The link refers to pop ups about Office 13 to Office 16 upgrades. It refers to changing the registry. Registries are found on Windows computers. If a Mac has an equivalent to a registry it calls it something else.
The pop-up I see is new since I updated to the latest version of Office 365 on my Mac. Screen shot below.
Hi, Optimist93
Since your computer is a MAC, I recommend you contact Microsoft technical support, they will put you in touch with an agent specialized in office 365
I contacted technical support. They gave the usual - Try it, you'll like it approach. They wanted me to uninstall/reinstall Office on my MAC.
Note that it is never necessary to do anything that drastic on a Mac.
I asked them to add an option to say NO (no I do not want to share data) and they just said they will make a note of the problem.
When I update my MacOS, sometimes there is a pop-up asking me if I want to share data. There is always an option to say no. I am asked the question once and then I never see that question again.
So it looks like I either have to leave Word and Excel open all the time or just have to close that annoying pop up every time I open Word and Excel.
Thanks for trying to find a solution.
Hello, Optimist93
We hope that you take into account your suggestion that they add an option to say NO (no, I do not want to share data)
I hope you have a happy day