Share How you Use Office PopUp - How can I turn this off?

Anonymous
2018-05-17T11:10:23+00:00

Office 365 for MAC - Version 16.13, 180513

Every time I open Excel or Word, a pop up appears asking me if I want to 

SHARE HOW YOU USE OFFICE

No I do not want to share.  I do not want to see this pop up every time I open Word and every time I open Excel.

How can I stop this pop up from appearing?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-05-25T01:59:52+00:00

    Please do not suggest a fix unless your recommended action has actually fixed the problem.  Otherwise you are wasting everybody's time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-05-24T16:10:43+00:00

    Actually it is the same choice as you had before but worded differently. No means Yes to basic reporting. You can still click the Red X in the top right however if you go to you preferences you will see that Enhanced reporting is ticked!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-05-24T16:08:05+00:00

    New update this morning, now are not even given the choice anymore, Microsoft just outright collects our data! Is this a joke? 

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-05-24T15:47:04+00:00

    THANKS FOR CLARIFICATION ON 16.13 VS. 16.13.1

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-05-24T15:31:46+00:00

    James, you're totally right. I just assumed (and you know what that makes). BS! No, pirated copies aren't legal. But that rarely stops anyone. Another option is to use Apple Pages, Numbers, etc. 

    Danssmith1, my version as of today is 16.13.1. But as James said, it doesn't fix the problem.

    Some at MS had a really bad idea they put into practice and made it worse by PRETENDING to fix it!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments