Labeling unique pages with unique identifiers (name/ID number)

Anonymous
2018-11-16T23:56:38+00:00

I have one document with 144 pages.  Each page is unique and numbered (1, 2, 3, etc), and I want to label each of those pages with a set of First Name, Last Name, and ID number which correlate to the numbers on the page.  For example, the top of the document will say "Case #1" which correlates to John Smith, ID#22201, then second page will have "Case #2" which correlates to Jane Austen, ID#22202, etc.  The document is not the same, meaning everything else on the page is different text, so I just want to "label" each page with the unique identifiers.  Possible in the footer of the page as the text is crowding.  Not sure if I need to splice each document out individually?  This is something that I need to do every few months with different identifiers (different names that correlate to the same case #s, so I realize I can do this manually - copy and paste the information on each page, but looking for a long term solution.  I tried mail merge, but I am limited in my understanding, and I believe it has to be the same document that can "import" the identifiers onto the same text.  Thoughts?

[The thread has been moved to the correct category by forum moderator]

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2018-12-04T00:27:05+00:00

    All that Neo was going to do for you was to move the thread to the programming forum, which is where it now resides:

    If you were holding your breath waiting for Neo to do that, you can start breathing again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-12-03T16:30:15+00:00

    Doug,

    Thank you again for your continued efforts.  I am awaiting an update from Neo.  Have a great day and week!

    Jocelyn

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2018-12-01T02:43:36+00:00

    If that is what the mockup is, then there is no-way that the process can be automated (Visual Basic does not support Artificial Intelligence)!

    then, "Wot no Section Breaks?"

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-11-30T16:52:34+00:00

    Doug,

    Thank you again for your continued efforts, but I am still unable to send you the original document.  The mockup is as close to the original as I can send you, which I am more than willing to send again if you wish to work on a solution.

    If you or anybody else is unable to work on a mockup and need the original, then I understand.  

    Unfortunately I am not a programmer, but if a solution can be reached on the mockup, I am confident it would work on the original document.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend and again thank you so much for your efforts.

    Jocelyn

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2018-11-30T06:51:29+00:00

    Sorry to burst your bubble, but the issue remains, without having access to the actual document or a replica of it, that is identical as far as formatting and layout are concerned, no one is going to be able to help you.

    I, and some of the other respondents to this thread are as capable of developing a VBA based application as any respondents who only frequent the Microsoft Office Programming forum, which is where this thread is now located and which we also frequent.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments