Error 1935 installing Office 2016 Standard on Windows 10 build 1803

Anonymous
2018-08-10T19:34:10+00:00

I keep getting error 1935 when trying to install Office Standard 2016 on a brand new PC running Windows 10 for workstations build 1803.  I have tried:

Here's the build process:

  1. remove bloatware.
  2. run updates. (installs 1803 update)
  3. install anti-virus
  4. install office.

Gotten this error on 4 consecutive machines.

  1. removeing all c++ resdistributalbes 
  2. netfx repair tool
  3. sfc /scannow

Tried items suggested here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows\_other-windows\_install/office-36520132016-code-1000-to-29999-part-2-of-3/baba7767-4822-4ea7-bf40-4fc99a327b50

but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-07-01T16:27:04+00:00

    We were finally able to solve this with one of the following registry key deletes.

    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\AppModel

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\Microsoft\Office

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-07-19T07:24:43+00:00

    This has happened to me as well on the last 6 machines I installed. It started when our supplier switched from fujitsu to Lenovo. I've since wiped and reinstalled some of the old fujitsu machines and didn't get this problem. I've wiped Lenovo machines in order to try and fix this problem only to get the same error after a wipe. It's interesting that we can get issues like this while installing a Microsoft product on a Microsoft operating system before any third party stuff is installed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-07-31T10:07:41+00:00

    .NET Repair tool worked for me. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-08-19T16:28:52+00:00

    We were finally able to solve this with one of the following registry key deletes.

    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\AppModel

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\Microsoft\Office

    This was the only thing that worked for us. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-08-19T16:38:08+00:00

    .NET Repair tool fixed this for me today. Last time it didn't, then I did a clean windows install, uninstalled the office bloatware, NO updates and then I could install office before the windows updates. This time office would not install before the updates so I'm guessing this machine came with a newer Windows 10 than the last one I set up a few weeks ago.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments