Error 1935 installing Office 2016 Standard on Windows 10 build 1803

Anonymous
2018-08-10T19:34:10+00:00

I keep getting error 1935 when trying to install Office Standard 2016 on a brand new PC running Windows 10 for workstations build 1803.  I have tried:

Here's the build process:

  1. remove bloatware.
  2. run updates. (installs 1803 update)
  3. install anti-virus
  4. install office.

Gotten this error on 4 consecutive machines.

  1. removeing all c++ resdistributalbes 
  2. netfx repair tool
  3. sfc /scannow

Tried items suggested here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows\_other-windows\_install/office-36520132016-code-1000-to-29999-part-2-of-3/baba7767-4822-4ea7-bf40-4fc99a327b50

but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-12-18T12:14:35+00:00

    I had the same problem when trying to reinstall Microsoft Office 2016.

    This fixed it https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/install/repair

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-12-06T17:03:01+00:00

    The .net fix tool worked for me as well.  Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-11-30T10:36:03+00:00

    me too! The Office 2016 installation was fixed by the .net framework repair tool. Thanks a lot...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-11-21T17:56:55+00:00

    What finally worked for me was to remove the PC from our domain back to workgroup. Then the install of Office 2016 worked.  I then rejoined the domain and all was well.

    I was able to make this work without removing from the domain. Simply logged on as local admin instead of a domain account to do the install. 

    Out-of-the-box Dell PCs running 1803 (I did Windows Updates before doing the domain join, so not sure if that matters).

    My attempts were:

     - Run the .NET fix - no help

     - Uninstall/reinstall .NET 3.5(2.0) - no help

     - delete the two registry keys - no help

     - had two going at once

    PC1: removed from domain, installed as local admin, worked.

    PC2: left on domain, but logged-on/installed as local admin, worked.

    Thanks for the tips saving a wipe/reinstall of a minutes-old PC.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-11-18T23:54:26+00:00

    A combination of netfx (.NET fix) and o15ctrremove (Office removal/cleanup tool) solved the issue for me.  This worked on all three laptops that I've tried it on.

    thanks bro, its fix my office 2013 instalation

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments