Error 1935 installing Office 2016 Standard on Windows 10 build 1803

Anonymous
2018-08-10T19:34:10+00:00

I keep getting error 1935 when trying to install Office Standard 2016 on a brand new PC running Windows 10 for workstations build 1803.  I have tried:

Here's the build process:

  1. remove bloatware.
  2. run updates. (installs 1803 update)
  3. install anti-virus
  4. install office.

Gotten this error on 4 consecutive machines.

  1. removeing all c++ resdistributalbes 
  2. netfx repair tool
  3. sfc /scannow

Tried items suggested here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows\_other-windows\_install/office-36520132016-code-1000-to-29999-part-2-of-3/baba7767-4822-4ea7-bf40-4fc99a327b50

but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-08-19T21:16:02+00:00

    I totally get it. I just wanted to make sure you had tried it. You probably had to scroll pretty far down to see that possible solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-08-19T20:53:51+00:00

    Sorry, forgot to mention that the registry keys didn't work for me last time. Haven't tried them this time. 

    If you set up multiple laptops every week its probably the same every time.. i see this issue 4-5 times a year on different machines and what helps one time doesn't the next time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-08-19T18:31:55+00:00

    Did you ever try the registry change by ToddStarlin? This has been fixing it on every new laptop I purchase for my company. It is a lot faster than reinstalling Windows. By clean install, do you mean a different version of Windows from CD or a Flash drive? If you mean factory reset, I could see the problem still occurring. As soon as Windows opens for the first time, the App store starts trying to do a bunch of updates on all the Apps including the pre-installed App version of Microsoft Office that comes with Windows 10. If you go in the store and find your way to updates you will see them all downloading like crazy without asking you.

    The registry fix removes the folder that causes Office to think it is a Microsoft Store App and not a standalone version that is installed. Removing the folder from the registry has been fixing this issue for many users on different forums. This is faster and possibly less dangerous than messing with changing .net when it probably didn't need it. This is of course my opinion, but I set up laptops multiple times a week and this has been a ridiculous problem until I found the registry fix.

    I have only ever had to remove this one folder and it always works. H****KLM\Software\Microsoft\AppModel

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2019-08-19T16:38:08+00:00

    .NET Repair tool fixed this for me today. Last time it didn't, then I did a clean windows install, uninstalled the office bloatware, NO updates and then I could install office before the windows updates. This time office would not install before the updates so I'm guessing this machine came with a newer Windows 10 than the last one I set up a few weeks ago.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments