Error 1935 installing Office 2016 Standard on Windows 10 build 1803

Anonymous
2018-08-10T19:34:10+00:00

I keep getting error 1935 when trying to install Office Standard 2016 on a brand new PC running Windows 10 for workstations build 1803.  I have tried:

Here's the build process:

  1. remove bloatware.
  2. run updates. (installs 1803 update)
  3. install anti-virus
  4. install office.

Gotten this error on 4 consecutive machines.

  1. removeing all c++ resdistributalbes 
  2. netfx repair tool
  3. sfc /scannow

Tried items suggested here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows\_other-windows\_install/office-36520132016-code-1000-to-29999-part-2-of-3/baba7767-4822-4ea7-bf40-4fc99a327b50

but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-08-16T20:59:22+00:00

    Same here!  Glad I'm not alone but would rather have found a solution!  :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-08-16T13:10:27+00:00

    Did anyone figure out what is going on with this? We purchase Dell laptops from Best Buy constantly for a client and we are installing Office 2016 OVL and getting this error all of a sudden. I have installed probably 50 this year alone with no problems. I took the first laptop back thinking it was bad now this one is doing the same thing. Same laptop, same model #, same updates...now this weird problem. After 25 years in IT I'm getting really tired of things changing constantly. What happened to standardization? This is insane...and I'm sure it's update related. I just tried Office 2013 w/ SP1 OVL and it did the same thing and gave the same error.

    Was this answer helpful?

    80+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-08-10T19:58:23+00:00

    Please try reinstalling Office after removing any 3rd party Antivirus or Firewall software. You can also try creating another local user profile that is an Admin and attempt to install Office from that account.

    Also if these are domain joined machines, try removing them from the domain to ensure no group policies are enforced.

    Please let us know if you have any other questions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-08-10T19:40:24+00:00

    Why would you uninstall MS Visual C++ updates, which are part of win10 update?

    And since Win10 has built in Defender, if you then omit any third party AV

    You uninstalled the pre-installed Office trial?

    Does that helps in the install?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments