Error 1935 installing Office 2016 Standard on Windows 10 build 1803

Anonymous
2018-08-10T19:34:10+00:00

I keep getting error 1935 when trying to install Office Standard 2016 on a brand new PC running Windows 10 for workstations build 1803.  I have tried:

Here's the build process:

  1. remove bloatware.
  2. run updates. (installs 1803 update)
  3. install anti-virus
  4. install office.

Gotten this error on 4 consecutive machines.

  1. removeing all c++ resdistributalbes 
  2. netfx repair tool
  3. sfc /scannow

Tried items suggested here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows\_other-windows\_install/office-36520132016-code-1000-to-29999-part-2-of-3/baba7767-4822-4ea7-bf40-4fc99a327b50

but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2019-01-09T14:53:34+00:00

    Office removal tool did the trick.  It must be something in the Office 365 load from Dell that is causing it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-01-08T07:46:29+00:00

    Thanks everyone, it is of great help. 

     https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/install/repair

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-01-04T18:42:01+00:00

    Mine turned out to be an issue with the built in image that came with the device. They had baked in the office 365 apps as AppxProvisionedPackage packages. I had to remove them using the Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -online process and then remove the apps that were provisioned for users already using the remove-appxpackage -allusers and then after all the 365 versions were cleaned up on the system I was able to install it.

    I will get it documented better and get this updated. We have a few I need to do.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-12-20T10:34:11+00:00

    its working, thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-12-06T17:03:01+00:00

    The .net fix tool worked for me as well.  Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments