Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
The .net fix tool worked for me as well. Thank you.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I keep getting error 1935 when trying to install Office Standard 2016 on a brand new PC running Windows 10 for workstations build 1803. I have tried:
Here's the build process:
Gotten this error on 4 consecutive machines.
Tried items suggested here:
but to no avail.
Any ideas?
Processes in Microsoft 365 for setting up Office apps, redeeming product keys, and activating licenses.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
The .net fix tool worked for me as well. Thank you.
I had the same problem when trying to reinstall Microsoft Office 2016.
This fixed it https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/install/repair
What finally worked for me was to remove the PC from our domain back to workgroup. Then the install of Office 2016 worked. I then rejoined the domain and all was well.
I was able to make this work without removing from the domain. Simply logged on as local admin instead of a domain account to do the install.
Out-of-the-box Dell PCs running 1803 (I did Windows Updates before doing the domain join, so not sure if that matters).
My attempts were:
- Run the .NET fix - no help
- Uninstall/reinstall .NET 3.5(2.0) - no help
- delete the two registry keys - no help
- had two going at once
PC1: removed from domain, installed as local admin, worked.
PC2: left on domain, but logged-on/installed as local admin, worked.
Thanks for the tips saving a wipe/reinstall of a minutes-old PC.
Not a question. This was a fix that worked for me. by leaving the trial version installed then removing it after the 2016 install. but thanks
Unfortunately none of the processes will work. But I did discover what will fix the problem. reset your computer to factory settings, leave the Office trial version on you computer, install the version you wish to install. Afterward uninstall the trial version and you are golden.