A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Try using a STYLEREF field.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have a Word 2016 document with 6 sections in it. Each section contains 3 tables. It's possible for the tables to span more than one page. When they do, I'd like to repeat the section header at the top of the second page, with " (continued)" tacked onto the end of the header. I looked at "fields" for this, but I don't see that level of customization. Can anyone suggest what Word features I should use to create this effect?
***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Try using a STYLEREF field.
Yes, I was able to insert a StyleRef field into the page header. That basically did the trick, I'm just having problems getting it to appear on all pages. The field seems to exist on the header of every page in the doc, but some of them don't display, they are blank. I've gotten the first and last section to show up, not the 4 sections between them. This is unexpected behavior.
My header isn't in a table, it's marked as Heading 1 text. There are 3 tables within the section, so this way won't work. Is it possible to make it so that Heading 1 text repeats at the top of each page?
Thanks, Stefan. I see what you are getting at and it may work for me because my first header is always at the top of the first page. And I'm not using a Table of Contents. But how do I make the title repeat at the top of each page?
There is no simple way to do what you want, but there is a somewhat clumsy workaround...
What you can do is add an ordinary repeated header to the table, include "(continued)" and, on the first page of the table, cover it with a text box. Note that you mustn't anchor the text box to the repeated table header, of course.