A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Hi,
I was just going through your steps and have managed to filter each of the addresses and have copied each address set into a separate workbook, and I named each of these workbooks as follows:
Home
Billing
Work
PO Box
I then used the "Remove Duplicates" function in the data tab to "normalise" the fullnames (from column F) and copied them into another separate workbook called "names only". They're all located in column A of this workbook. You mentioned that it was in this workbook that I would put the VLookup function.
I know that the syntax for a VLookup is:
VLOOKUP(lookup_value, table_array, col_index_num, [range_lookup])
If the first step is to use the VLookup function on the Home workbook, can you let me know what to include in the function? The "Home" workbook contains all the columns from columns A to column AQ and the "Fullname" is still in column F in the "Home" workbook. As mentioned, all the normalised names are in column A of the workbook called "names only" so can you tell me where to place the vlookup function in that workbook and what the function should contain?
Sorry but I've never used a VLookup before.