MS Access 2016 No Longer Displays Field Size Options

Anonymous
2016-06-11T10:04:09+00:00

MS Access 2016 MSO (16.0.6925.1016) 32-bit

via Microsoft Office 365 Personal Subscription

Used on Windows 10

BUG:

The Field Size drop down combo for Number data types no longer displays values.  An empty (white) drop down area appears but no values are visible in it.  This make is impossible to specify the type of Number field (Double etc.) when creating or modifying a table.

Is MS aware of this bug? 

Is there a fix for it?

I've been successfully using MS Access for some time now and this bug just recently appeared in the last day or so.  I suspect a recent update may have broken the application.

Mark

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-07-15T22:57:30+00:00

Hey everyone,

Here's more information on the latest Office 2016 update: Announcing June feature updates for Office 2016 for Office 365.Current version (counting Tuesday's security update) is 16.0.7070.2022.

Updating to this build (if you haven't yet done so) should solve the number field issue.

Thanks!

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-07-07T20:31:36+00:00

I'm glad to see that the fix for this problem is included in the latest Office Updates. 

For those with a Microsoft Office 365 subscription, open Access then:

File -> Account -> Update Options -> Update Now

and your copy of Office 365 will be updated, including a fix to Access.

It's great to have MS Access, one of my favorite applications, working as expected again.

Mark

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-06-11T18:53:05+00:00

    As a follow-up ... I went to Program Features and performed both a Quick Repair and Online Repair -- which appears to be an complete automated uninstall and re-install of Office 365.

    None of this solves this issue.

    THIS IS A MAJOR BUG THAT PREVENTS ALL ACCESS 2016 USERS FROM CREATING OR MODIFYING TABLES WITH NUMERIC FIELDS.

    Hopefully Microsoft is monitoring this thread and will create a hot fix.

    Mark

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-06-11T18:07:16+00:00

    Thanks for your response Scott. 

    Have you tried to replicate this bug?  It's a simple matter of creating or modifying a number field and trying to select a Field Size option.

    I have re-installed my Office 365 Personal subscription.  This did not fixed the problem.  I didn't uninstall MS Access prior to doing this re-install.  I'll try that next.

    Both my Windows and Office subscriptions are updated automatically.  I'm not sure how to check these updates and whether they were successful?  Guidance appreciated.

    I checked your link to FMS ... there's only a few entries for MS Access 2016 and they are not relevant.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-06-11T11:27:35+00:00

    I don't know that this is a known issue/bug with 2016. You may have a faulty or corrupt Office install, or Update. Check the Updates on your machine to insure they were successful. If any are marked as Failed, try to update them again.

    Also make sure that your Office and Windows installations are fully up to date. 

    FMS keeps a listing of all HotFixes and such here:

    http://www.fmsinc.com/microsoftaccess/history/versions.htm

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments