Why why why is video such a big FAIL in Sharepoint?

Anonymous
2016-11-11T00:32:20+00:00

For a couple of months I was able to get videos to work (and be responsive) in our intranet but now using the exact same process, all I get is:

"file format is unsupported ...."

Really? I'm so frustrated by everything about this rubbish service that given the choice, I would immediately cancel our 7000 licenses, but unfortunately I don't have that choice.  

We're using a blog site to publish content so my process was to "insert" a video (using the ribbon tool), select the uploaded file, save the post and then open "edit source" and  wrap the code in a div to make it responsive. Now when I insert a video I get the error noted above. How the **** could an mp4 file be an unsupported file type? What is going on ?

Microsoft 365 and Office | SharePoint | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-02-01T01:19:09+00:00

    Please answer all the questions I asked above when you are free.

    I'll repeat I'm adding the embed code provided by an mp4 video uploaded to a site assets library. Your example shows a youtube video.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-02-01T21:59:56+00:00

    Hi Webbrewers3,

    Form your description, you would like to insert a video from an asset library via embed code. Please ensure you have followed the steps below.

        1. Go to the asset library and get the embed code for the video.

        2. Go to the blog site, click Edit Page.

        3. Click INSERT > Video and Audio > Embed. Paste the embed code for the video and insert it.

    Regards,

    Yoga

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-02-02T01:11:21+00:00

    Yes, the videoembedplayer.aspx page doesn't work consistently in my environment.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-02-02T22:07:33+00:00

    Hi Webbrewers3,

    Can you please provide the information below?

        1. Detailed steps and related screenshots about how you insert a video from an asset library via embed code.

        2. Related screenshots about "the videoembedplayer.aspx page doesn't work consistently".

    Regards,

    Yoga

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-02-03T02:29:36+00:00

    Same way you describe and screen shots are the same.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments