Why why why is video such a big FAIL in Sharepoint?

Anonymous
2016-11-11T00:32:20+00:00

For a couple of months I was able to get videos to work (and be responsive) in our intranet but now using the exact same process, all I get is:

"file format is unsupported ...."

Really? I'm so frustrated by everything about this rubbish service that given the choice, I would immediately cancel our 7000 licenses, but unfortunately I don't have that choice.  

We're using a blog site to publish content so my process was to "insert" a video (using the ribbon tool), select the uploaded file, save the post and then open "edit source" and  wrap the code in a div to make it responsive. Now when I insert a video I get the error noted above. How the **** could an mp4 file be an unsupported file type? What is going on ?

Microsoft 365 and Office | SharePoint | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-04-08T12:50:17+00:00

    Hi Webbrewers3,

    It is not possible to provide a detailed report on what recent updates has been released by Microsoft. For further investigation, please provide the following so we can troubleshoot the issue based on your exact scenario.

    1. Some related screenshots about the issue you encountered.
    2. The embed code you use to insert to blog site.

    Regards,

    Spike

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-04-07T03:02:06+00:00

    Can you provide an answer to my question posted months ago? Provide a detailed report on what recent updates Msft has released. I'll have to go delete them to figure out how you broke video.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-03-30T16:10:38+00:00

    Hi Webbrewers3,

    Can you provide the information above?

    Regards,

    Yoga

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-03-29T14:31:50+00:00

    Hi Webbrewers3,

    From your description, the issue occurs to only one specific subsite. To move forward, please provide the information below:

    1. A screenshot about the page when you get the "file format is unsupported ...." message.
    2. Your tenant information. You can provide it in PM.

    Regards,

    Yoga

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-03-29T03:21:41+00:00

    I already said the same video plays fine on one site but not another in IE11. The sites are configured the same. Why would a site have an issue and throw that error? What does the error really mean?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments