Why why why is video such a big FAIL in Sharepoint?

Anonymous
2016-11-11T00:32:20+00:00

For a couple of months I was able to get videos to work (and be responsive) in our intranet but now using the exact same process, all I get is:

"file format is unsupported ...."

Really? I'm so frustrated by everything about this rubbish service that given the choice, I would immediately cancel our 7000 licenses, but unfortunately I don't have that choice.  

We're using a blog site to publish content so my process was to "insert" a video (using the ribbon tool), select the uploaded file, save the post and then open "edit source" and  wrap the code in a div to make it responsive. Now when I insert a video I get the error noted above. How the **** could an mp4 file be an unsupported file type? What is going on ?

Microsoft 365 and Office | SharePoint | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-04-09T14:17:20+00:00

    There are too many people here and elsewhere who've reported issues with video playback for me to believe this is a local problem.

    How can you not have available a list of recent updates? That's absurd.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-04-09T07:10:39+00:00

    Hi Webbrewers3,

    The screenshots would be helpful for us to determine your environment, which may have included customization to the site itself, as testing concluded on our side does not show the same behavior as the one you described. The embedded video is working correctly on a newly created site on our end.

    To help us move forward, please provide them and the information that Yoga has requested via private message previously.

    Regards,

    Sheen

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-04-08T13:16:53+00:00

    Screenshots won't show anything. It doesn't matter how I embed the video - none of the provided tools or manually added code make a difference..

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-04-08T12:50:17+00:00

    Hi Webbrewers3,

    It is not possible to provide a detailed report on what recent updates has been released by Microsoft. For further investigation, please provide the following so we can troubleshoot the issue based on your exact scenario.

    1. Some related screenshots about the issue you encountered.
    2. The embed code you use to insert to blog site.

    Regards,

    Spike

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-04-07T03:02:06+00:00

    Can you provide an answer to my question posted months ago? Provide a detailed report on what recent updates Msft has released. I'll have to go delete them to figure out how you broke video.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments