A group of Microsoft Products and technologies used for sharing and managing content, knowledge, and applications.
Hi Webbrewers3,
Please provide the information above when you are free.
Regards,
Yoga
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
For a couple of months I was able to get videos to work (and be responsive) in our intranet but now using the exact same process, all I get is:
"file format is unsupported ...."
Really? I'm so frustrated by everything about this rubbish service that given the choice, I would immediately cancel our 7000 licenses, but unfortunately I don't have that choice.
We're using a blog site to publish content so my process was to "insert" a video (using the ribbon tool), select the uploaded file, save the post and then open "edit source" and wrap the code in a div to make it responsive. Now when I insert a video I get the error noted above. How the **** could an mp4 file be an unsupported file type? What is going on ?
A group of Microsoft Products and technologies used for sharing and managing content, knowledge, and applications.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Webbrewers3,
Please provide the information above when you are free.
Regards,
Yoga
Hi Webbrewers3,
From my side, I can embed a video to blog site via the steps: Insert > video/audio > embed.
I would like to suggest you refer to this article for more detailed information about adding videos to a page. If the issue persists, could you please provide the embed code you want to insert and a screenshot about the error message?
Regards,
Yoga
This just gets worse and worse. I noticed some older videos weren't playing so I tried adding them back to a page (in a blog site).
Insert > video/audio > embed > paste in embed code provided by the item properties in the library.
Get the "this type of content is not allowed" error.
HUH? It's the embed code provided by Msft but it's "not allowed" ??? What a complete joke and waste of everyone's time this product is.
These are internal videos obviously - I'll try to find a file I can share.
Hi Webbrewers3,
What is the .mp4 link? Give us an sample link please.
Regards,
James