Hi, Shakun.
I'm creating a set of diagrams to document infrastructure for a major aeronautics firm. I'm using Windows 10 with Visio 2013 Pro. I use the Edit Data Graphic feature along with Shape Data to document and display various information about the objects in
the diagram.
I was cruising along just fine until the firm deployed KB3115428. That stopped me in my tracks. I could not create a new object and edit the data graphic. I got the same error that Greg and Aaron got above. There are many more people out there that this
affects, talking about it in various Internet forums on Vision.
I have done extensive testing and found that I could copy objects for which I'd already created a data graphic and edit the data graphic. I could not edit the data graphic of any new objects I created on the diagram. I created completely new diagrams and
found the same thing. In one instance, I created a new diagram from a blank template, added the Network Details shapes, and was able to edit one data graphic. After that, I couldn't edit the data graphics of other objects in that diagram. Other than that
one time (out of perhaps 10 attempts), I am unable to edit the data graphics.
There are about 30 people using Visio 2010 and Visio 2013 in my architecture group. I checked with other architects using Visio 2013 and they have the same issue. It doesn't affect them as much, as they are mostly using the UML template and don't used
Edit Data Graphics.
I'm part of just one small group in the firm, so I don't know how widespread the problem is and how it affects the company. Our global support team is aware of the issue and is withdrawing the patch from our automatic update packages until the issue is
resolved. I've had the patch removed (twice, due to automatic updates) and now am able to work just fine.
Thanks....Pete Pedersen