How do I get rid of "let's get started" activation page after kms activation?

Anonymous
2016-05-17T20:42:53+00:00

I have 2 new Dell XPS 15 laptops with Win 10 Pro, OS licensed via UEFI.  I uninstalled trial office without opening it and loaded Office 2016 Pro and activated it via KMS:

Still, opening any Office app brings up the Let's get Started" page wanting me to try/buy/activate Office:

How do I stop the activation page?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-06-16T19:36:39+00:00

Hello,

Thanks again for your patience while we figure out a valid solution for this issue. We have created an article that provides a workaround to remove the activation window message from reappearing: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3170450.

Our engineering team is working on fixing this issue moving forward but we hope that the link above will resolve this issue on your machines via this workaround.

Thanks,

Michelle V

The Office Team

Was this answer helpful?

700+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-12-27T09:29:06+00:00

    Hello,

    Thanks again for your patience while we figure out a valid solution for this issue. We have created an article that provides a workaround to remove the activation window message from reappearing: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3170450.

    Our engineering team is working on fixing this issue moving forward but we hope that the link above will resolve this issue on your machines via this workaround.

    Thanks,

    Michelle V

    The Office Team 

    This help page solved my problem.

    Now I am not getting any message to activate the key

    thanks for the solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-02-04T20:04:14+00:00

    Could you explain how to "save the key"?  I followed the directions in the article, but when I got to the screen, I wasn't sure how to save it. 

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-02-04T21:07:28+00:00

    When you use "Regedit", you must be logged in as an administrator on the system you are updating. Edit carefully, for changes are automatically saved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-02-06T18:16:45+00:00

    When you use regedit, you don't need to save, just close the window. That's why editing the registry is so dangerous. It's very easy to delete or change something you don't want.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments