How do I get rid of "let's get started" activation page after kms activation?

Anonymous
2016-05-17T20:42:53+00:00

I have 2 new Dell XPS 15 laptops with Win 10 Pro, OS licensed via UEFI.  I uninstalled trial office without opening it and loaded Office 2016 Pro and activated it via KMS:

Still, opening any Office app brings up the Let's get Started" page wanting me to try/buy/activate Office:

How do I stop the activation page?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-06-16T19:36:39+00:00

Hello,

Thanks again for your patience while we figure out a valid solution for this issue. We have created an article that provides a workaround to remove the activation window message from reappearing: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3170450.

Our engineering team is working on fixing this issue moving forward but we hope that the link above will resolve this issue on your machines via this workaround.

Thanks,

Michelle V

The Office Team

Was this answer helpful?

700+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-09-22T14:23:04+00:00

    The instructions are not clear. I can not seem to fix this problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-09-22T19:42:36+00:00

    Just follow the link below to edit the registry. It worked several times for me.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3170450.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-10-14T09:53:18+00:00

    It happened to me twice! what I did was I removed the microsoft office 365 software that is pre installed and then i deleted microsoft office folder from the Programs files (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office). All the Office folder from Common file (C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared). Office Folder from here (C:\Users\Vilskiboi\AppData\Local\Microsoft) as well as here (C:\Users\Vilskiboi\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft).

    And then I go on to the regedit and deleted keys from here (Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office) and also here (Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office

    I restart my computer and re-install Microsoft office business and home 2016 and that annoying message didn't run

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-12-15T02:31:13+00:00

    This is, fix the problem 100%

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3170450

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments