How do I get rid of "let's get started" activation page after kms activation?

Anonymous
2016-05-17T20:42:53+00:00

I have 2 new Dell XPS 15 laptops with Win 10 Pro, OS licensed via UEFI.  I uninstalled trial office without opening it and loaded Office 2016 Pro and activated it via KMS:

Still, opening any Office app brings up the Let's get Started" page wanting me to try/buy/activate Office:

How do I stop the activation page?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-06-16T19:36:39+00:00

Hello,

Thanks again for your patience while we figure out a valid solution for this issue. We have created an article that provides a workaround to remove the activation window message from reappearing: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3170450.

Our engineering team is working on fixing this issue moving forward but we hope that the link above will resolve this issue on your machines via this workaround.

Thanks,

Michelle V

The Office Team

Was this answer helpful?

700+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-06-02T20:15:20+00:00

    Thanks @Umagine. This works. I did both option 1 (uninstall using the Control Panel) and option 2 (easy fix tool) from https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Uninstall-Office-2016-Office-2013-or-Office-365-from-a-PC-9dd49b83-264a-477a-8fcc-2fdf5dbf61d8?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US. Restart the computer and then reinstall the Office 2016.  I am using a KMS activated version of MS Office 2016.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-06-02T15:20:25+00:00

    I have been dealing with this issue for more than a week.  I find it frustrating that I would need to Reformat a NEW COMPUTER Drive to eliminate this activation pop up.  Office shows as activated, but I can not make the pop up go away.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-06-02T11:59:06+00:00

    I ended up uninstalling all Office packages and used Fixit and it completely cleaned MS Office up then I restarted and reinstalled Office 2016 and NOW it is not there anymore.  Thank you guys for your help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-06-02T00:24:07+00:00

    Parth:

    Yours is not an answer...just an excuse. Someone at MS must be able to analyze what is running when the popup occurs. Clean boots, Task Manager- nothing obvious is the answer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments