How do I get rid of "let's get started" activation page after kms activation?

Anonymous
2016-05-17T20:42:53+00:00

I have 2 new Dell XPS 15 laptops with Win 10 Pro, OS licensed via UEFI.  I uninstalled trial office without opening it and loaded Office 2016 Pro and activated it via KMS:

Still, opening any Office app brings up the Let's get Started" page wanting me to try/buy/activate Office:

How do I stop the activation page?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-06-16T19:36:39+00:00

Hello,

Thanks again for your patience while we figure out a valid solution for this issue. We have created an article that provides a workaround to remove the activation window message from reappearing: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3170450.

Our engineering team is working on fixing this issue moving forward but we hope that the link above will resolve this issue on your machines via this workaround.

Thanks,

Michelle V

The Office Team

Was this answer helpful?

700+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-06-12T18:37:52+00:00

    I have no pre-installed Office.  I want to use the online version.  I still get that screen.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-06-10T00:28:53+00:00

    Hello,

    On behalf of the Office Team, we apologize for the inconvenience this activation window pop-up message is causing. Our engineering team is aware of this issue and working on a fix. We'll post back once we have a solution.

    In the meantime, ignoring this "Let's get started" activation window won't affect your current installation.

    Thanks,

    Michelle V

    The Office Team

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-06-03T04:32:22+00:00

    After over a week and about 6 hours on the phone with Microsoft I couldn't get rid of the annoying pop ups. According to Microsoft my program was properly installed and should work. Still pop ups. I'm thankful my wife found this blog. I used fixit and reinstalled Office Pro 2016. I too deleted the Get Office App.

    So in less than 30 minutes you helped me when 6 hours of dealing with Microsoft couldn't. I guess Microsoft should read their own blog site.

    John

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-06-02T20:34:41+00:00

    Cyfish:

    I've duplicated your answer as working with the MAK version as well. I agree, uninstalling alone doesn't fix this problem. I wish the fixit tool reported what it did, though.  I took the additional step of uninstalling "Get Office" from the start menu after the reboot, but before reinstalling Office.

    Now, who can answer the key question: what Registry Key, Service, Process, or file causes the wizard to run?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments