How do I get rid of "let's get started" activation page after kms activation?

Anonymous
2016-05-17T20:42:53+00:00

I have 2 new Dell XPS 15 laptops with Win 10 Pro, OS licensed via UEFI.  I uninstalled trial office without opening it and loaded Office 2016 Pro and activated it via KMS:

Still, opening any Office app brings up the Let's get Started" page wanting me to try/buy/activate Office:

How do I stop the activation page?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-06-16T19:36:39+00:00

Hello,

Thanks again for your patience while we figure out a valid solution for this issue. We have created an article that provides a workaround to remove the activation window message from reappearing: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3170450.

Our engineering team is working on fixing this issue moving forward but we hope that the link above will resolve this issue on your machines via this workaround.

Thanks,

Michelle V

The Office Team

Was this answer helpful?

700+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-07-11T00:51:21+00:00

    Hello,

    I was not able to complete steps 5 through 8.

    When I get to step 5, right clicking the EOM value generates the following options only: 

    modify

    modify binary data

    delete

    rename

    I don't find: File or export.

    Please help!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-05-30T11:43:33+00:00

    This one is very easy to fix.

    1. Open run window by pressing win+r type installer
    2. Right click on the details bar and select more and then add subject.
    3. Xlose this window and perform step 1 again.
    4. Check dor subject that says something like ******** Run Licensing Component.
    5. Right click on that msi and click uninstall.

    we are done. Yay!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-05-23T11:40:48+00:00

    Hi,

    The above steps provided will tell you how to modify the registry. We would like to confirm if you were able to follow the steps properly.

    We look forward to your response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-05-22T05:08:56+00:00

    Link did not work, I am getting very rustrrated with this activation sreen always apppearing!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments