How do I get rid of "let's get started" activation page after kms activation?

Anonymous
2016-05-17T20:42:53+00:00

I have 2 new Dell XPS 15 laptops with Win 10 Pro, OS licensed via UEFI.  I uninstalled trial office without opening it and loaded Office 2016 Pro and activated it via KMS:

Still, opening any Office app brings up the Let's get Started" page wanting me to try/buy/activate Office:

How do I stop the activation page?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-06-16T19:36:39+00:00

Hello,

Thanks again for your patience while we figure out a valid solution for this issue. We have created an article that provides a workaround to remove the activation window message from reappearing: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3170450.

Our engineering team is working on fixing this issue moving forward but we hope that the link above will resolve this issue on your machines via this workaround.

Thanks,

Michelle V

The Office Team

Was this answer helpful?

700+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-06-01T22:29:37+00:00

    Has ANYONE found how how to get rid of this annoying popup?  Please respond ASAP.  We use Office 2016 Professional (MAK) and don't need this on our screens.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-05-29T02:51:12+00:00

    Hello, Parth:

    I haven't seen Tom's reply, but I have exactly the same scenario with 2 Lenovo laptops (and 36 more to go!). Win10 Pro x64, Office 2016 trial preinstalled. On both I uninstalled Office using the usual Control Panel, and uninstalled the pesky Get Office app from the menu. After rebooting to confirm all components appeared to be gone, I installed O2016 Standard 64-bit volume license edition and activated with a MAK key. One machine had Office added from DVD before joining the domain, one afterward from a network share.

    Both show the "Let's get started" screen every time an Office app runs, in every user profile. Both show as activated. Legacy machines in my domain that were upgraded from Win7 to Win10 show no such problem with Office 2016 Standard volume license edition.

    Can Microsoft please document what runs the "let's get started" screen, or tell us how to kill it for all users?

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-05-24T14:50:32+00:00

    I have removed the preinstalled version of office as I always do as well and I am having the same issue. I have a pro VL version that I was not able to activate with the preinstalled version. I found an app installed as well and removed it. Once office is open, it says it's activated. Any help on getting rid of the activation windows will be good!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-05-18T01:36:11+00:00

    Hello Tom,

    Please provide more information before we proceed.

    How exactly did you uninstalled Office applications? Did you uninstall it using Fixit?

    I suggest you to check in Control Panel >Programs> Programs and Features, if other version of Office application is listed there. If yes, please uninstall other version of Office and then try to activate Office to check if it helps.

    To uninstall Office refer****information mentioned in the following link and check if it works.

    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Uninstall-Office-2016-Office-2013-or-Office-365-from-a-PC-9dd49b83-264a-477a-8fcc-2fdf5dbf61d8?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

    Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments