Question mark Office 365 profile

Anonymous
2017-01-24T15:26:04+00:00

Hello,

Our users are getting a question mark next to Office 365 profile picture.

What does this question mark means?

Regards,

Ari Piroozi

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-02-03T06:22:54+00:00

Hi Everyone,

Our engineering team is still working on this issue. As I know, the feature of “green question mark” wasn’t fully deployed to all the tenant yet. Currently, we don’t have an ETA for fixing this. Furthermore, once you login to IM in Office 365 OWA or Skype For Business client, there is no problem for others to check your status.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue again, and do appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best Regards,

Edward

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-03-07T02:43:17+00:00

Hi Everyone,

Since most users reported that the issue had been fixed and we also confirmed it from our related team, this thread would no longer be monitored by community support. If you are still experiencing a similar issue, please let us know by starting a new thread in our forum. We can focus on it to provide corresponding troubleshooting steps.

Thanks for your time and understanding.

Best Regards,

Erick

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-02-02T01:21:59+00:00

    Hi JonAlbright,

    Our engineering team is still investigating this issue. We will update you once there is any update.

    Thanks for your patience and understanding,

    Edward

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-02-01T15:42:16+00:00

    Hi Lori_M_SATX, JonAlbright and IJustHelping,

    I have read thread the whole thread. From my experience, the green question mark means the web page can’t get the Skype for Business status. To further investigate the issue, I’d like to collect the following information:

    1. The affected domain name. This can help we check SRV record from our side. To protect your privacy, I have sent you a private message to collect the domains.
    2. Sign out the problematic users' Skype for Business desktop client and log into OWA. Check if they can change the status in OWA, Portal and SharePoint.

    Thanks,

    Gary 

    Without being logged into Skype, I can change the status in OWA.  In the Sharepoint portal it doesn't offer that ability, The only thing I see is the selections About Me, View Account & Sign Out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-02-01T05:04:23+00:00

    Hi All,

    I want to inform you that we are definitely looking into this issue. It is currently being investigated, and we will update you as soon as we have a possible resolution for this issue. I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this issue, and do appreciate your patience and understanding.

    Thanks,

    Edward

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments