Adding more Labels in Planner

Anonymous
2016-07-21T13:46:03+00:00

Does anyone know how to add more labels to tasks in Planner? I require more than the six provider.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-07-21T14:17:46+00:00

Hi Emiller109,

It’s not feasible to add more labels. About your requirement, it’s a very constructive suggestion, we welcome and encourage you to share your ideas through User Voice forum. Understanding your experience helps us to make our product and service better for you and others.

https://planner.uservoice.com/forums/330525-microsoft-planner-feedback-forum/suggestions/12233640-function-to-add-more-labels

We appreciate your understanding.

Kerwin

Was this answer helpful?

30+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-06-23T16:51:13+00:00

    T H R E E    Y E A R S !!!!!!!

    My only guess is, that Microsoft Planner dev team, are actually using Planner and are out of labels - to tag this "super complicated" update (remember? only SIX!)   🤧

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-06-05T17:36:08+00:00

    Dear Kerwin,

    This post is from 2016 and today planner still have only 6 labels or today there is a way to add more labels?

    No there's not. Which tells you a lot about Microsoft's commitment to the product, as well as its strategic priority in O365. Want more proof? Look at the Planner icon in O365. Didn't get the new style treatment, which also tells you right away it's not a Microsoft priority. Honestly, I'd more likely expect Microsoft to buy an established project management product and integrate it into O365 than I would expect Microsoft to invest time and effort to build up Planner to current market standards and capabilities.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-06-03T16:41:56+00:00

    I find it funny that I'm asking for more labels because I use them as statuses (because I only get 3 statuses, not started, in progress, completed). How about adding more to both? SharePoint lists allowed you to create whatever you wanted. If I wanted a dumbed down version of a program with no choices, I'd buy Apple.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-05-14T21:49:23+00:00

    Dear Kerwin,

    This post is from 2016 and today planner still have only 6 labels or today there is a way to add more labels?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments