Change the sharepoint.aspx page

Anonymous
2017-03-14T01:01:10+00:00

If you click the "sharepoint" tile in the app launcher, you are now taken to  _layouts/15/sharepoint.aspx.

This page is an embarassment so how do I edit/change it?

The "you visited" information shown is rubbish - it's completely inaccurate, out of date and of no use whatsoever to a user. Where is the data pulled from and why does Msft think anyone would want to see this?

Microsoft 365 and Office | SharePoint | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-04-30T09:04:28+00:00

Hi Webbrewers3,

We understand admins may have requirements to custom the SharePoint home page or directly change it to the page you want. As we discussed above, the best way to influence our products and services is to submit your feedback via SharePoint Online Uservoice. It will let our related team hear your voice. Many good features are added from customers' good suggestions.

As a workaround, you may create a custom tile. So, users can directly access the SharePoint Online page which is customized by you.

Thanks for your understanding.

Tim

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-09-28T03:31:01+00:00

    I might not call the present App Launcher a "dysfunctional shambles"; however, I support the User Voice request because the present system places too much restriction on what administrators can do.  As a result, getting App Launcher menus to look like what an organization would want -- or anything close -- requires a kind of coordinated effort between admins and users that is often not possible.  I probably would be okay with a solution that permitted users to choose to block certain admin customization actions, but as it is now the kinds of customizations being requested simply cannot be performed by admins.  If one thinks of this issue as one of balancing organizational prerogatives against user rights, then it's not difficult to see why it is inherently difficult to solve.  But still, a better solution is needed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-12-05T00:10:50+00:00

    I admit I have no faith in uservoice which is just a way for Msft to deflect criticism. I can't understand why Msft doesn't see what everyone else sees, and do something about it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-12-13T14:27:36+00:00

    I'm faced with the same problem. Users find the _layouts page highly confusing, and the information on the page can't be trusted. Users can't find pages back that they've accidentally unfollowed, they can't find an overview of pages they have access to and recent pages aren't actually recent at all. It's a complete embarrassment. Just the user questions alone are giving me nightmares. Please Microsoft, do something about this horrible page!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-12-14T00:05:46+00:00

    I know Msft is too busy futzing around with things no one cares about,  but at the very least acknowledge that this is going to be fixed sometime between now and when my co cancels its 10000 licenses. And I know Msft thinks they're being clever and all "moderny" but this SP.aspx page is generally regarded as a flop. All we need is for the SP tile to go away and be replaced with a customisable one that I can point wherever I want. Why the f this takes so long is beyond me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments