Change the sharepoint.aspx page

Anonymous
2017-03-14T01:01:10+00:00

If you click the "sharepoint" tile in the app launcher, you are now taken to  _layouts/15/sharepoint.aspx.

This page is an embarassment so how do I edit/change it?

The "you visited" information shown is rubbish - it's completely inaccurate, out of date and of no use whatsoever to a user. Where is the data pulled from and why does Msft think anyone would want to see this?

Microsoft 365 and Office | SharePoint | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-04-30T09:04:28+00:00

Hi Webbrewers3,

We understand admins may have requirements to custom the SharePoint home page or directly change it to the page you want. As we discussed above, the best way to influence our products and services is to submit your feedback via SharePoint Online Uservoice. It will let our related team hear your voice. Many good features are added from customers' good suggestions.

As a workaround, you may create a custom tile. So, users can directly access the SharePoint Online page which is customized by you.

Thanks for your understanding.

Tim

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-03-26T14:13:52+00:00

    And several days later NOTHING has changed? Despite me visiting many different sites/pages?

    Also under "Recent" I see a site that HASN'T BEEN TOUCHED IN 2YEARS!!!!

    Seriously, what is going on with this? When will this mess be removed from my tenant? I simply can't justify any of it to my users -  and I've run out of excuses.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-03-27T07:39:00+00:00

    Hi webbrewers3,

    To get more information about the new SharePoint home page, seeFind news, sites, and portals in Office 365.

    We understand you may want to configure the page after click SharePoint tile according to your requirement. The new SharePoint home page also have lots of room to improve. The best way is to submit feedback via Uservoice mentioned above. Let the related team hear your voice. Your good suggestions will help us perfect our products and services.

    Thanks for your understanding.

    Tim

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-04-18T14:07:53+00:00

    A month later and this page still shows the SAME CONTENT!! I can't edit/customize this page so it;'s all on Msft. WHEN IS IT GOING TO WORK PROPERLY? IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT HOW CAN I REMOVE IT SO I DON'T HAVE TO GET EMBARRASSED EXPLAINING TO USERS WHY THIS VERY EXPENSIVE PRODUCT IS A PIECE OF _______?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-04-30T03:09:26+00:00

    2 monthS later and still no change. HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS USELESS PAGE?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments