Change the sharepoint.aspx page

Anonymous
2017-03-14T01:01:10+00:00

If you click the "sharepoint" tile in the app launcher, you are now taken to  _layouts/15/sharepoint.aspx.

This page is an embarassment so how do I edit/change it?

The "you visited" information shown is rubbish - it's completely inaccurate, out of date and of no use whatsoever to a user. Where is the data pulled from and why does Msft think anyone would want to see this?

Microsoft 365 and Office | SharePoint | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-04-30T09:04:28+00:00

Hi Webbrewers3,

We understand admins may have requirements to custom the SharePoint home page or directly change it to the page you want. As we discussed above, the best way to influence our products and services is to submit your feedback via SharePoint Online Uservoice. It will let our related team hear your voice. Many good features are added from customers' good suggestions.

As a workaround, you may create a custom tile. So, users can directly access the SharePoint Online page which is customized by you.

Thanks for your understanding.

Tim

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-19T03:30:42+00:00

    Scott,

    Office 365 has suffered since its launch from being a giant sandbox for whoever at Msft can convince the money guys they have "the next big thing". I've always felt Msft was throwing sh*t against a wall to see what would stick but that has now become the norm. That's why it's in a constant state of flux with shoddily made, poorly thought through ideas thrown out there without rhyme or reason - only to be replaced within months with something "better".

    Meanwhile what users are looking for is a stable product backed by a culture of gradual improvement.  It has never happened at Msft and judging by this mess probably never will. As you say, getting an organization to change the way they do things is an enormous undertaking. I don't know anyone that "likes" Sharepoint (understandably) so I aim low - for "tolerance" rather than "adoption". But things like this sharepoint.aspx page (not to mention the inability to explain its functionality), are making even that target unachievable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-01-18T17:35:21+00:00

    I am with you Webbrewers! Microsoft made a HUGE mistake doing this- What was a great thing Office 365 now my whole company HATES it even more than they hated SP07 - I spent 10 years getting our users to "like" Sharepoint now- Its a mess.

    I have sites that I deleted showing up under "frequent sites" What a joke! It takes a user to 404 error not found -

    Microsoft GET THIS FIXED PLEASE, stop fooling around with Teams and get Office365 back to a manageable resource.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-01-14T07:12:27+00:00

    Hi Webbrewers3,

    Based on my search, I don’t find some related official articles talking about the detailed working process for the Recent Sites section in SharePoint Home page. To answer your question and look into the issue further, we could check the trace logs. Meanwhile, we collect your contact info so that our related team may contact you directly for giving your professional support if necessary.

    Best regards,

    Tim

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-01-14T01:47:09+00:00

    Please just answer the question asked almost a year ago: how is the content on this page determined? What's the process involved? Maybe "frequent" means something different in Microsoftspeak. Msft has invented their own definition of many common terms so maybe that's happened here. I get asked questions about the irrelevant content on this page everyday and I need to provide some sort of answer. If it's not working properly that's okay - but I can't keep responding with "I don't know".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments