Change the sharepoint.aspx page

Anonymous
2017-03-14T01:01:10+00:00

If you click the "sharepoint" tile in the app launcher, you are now taken to  _layouts/15/sharepoint.aspx.

This page is an embarassment so how do I edit/change it?

The "you visited" information shown is rubbish - it's completely inaccurate, out of date and of no use whatsoever to a user. Where is the data pulled from and why does Msft think anyone would want to see this?

Microsoft 365 and Office | SharePoint | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-04-30T09:04:28+00:00

Hi Webbrewers3,

We understand admins may have requirements to custom the SharePoint home page or directly change it to the page you want. As we discussed above, the best way to influence our products and services is to submit your feedback via SharePoint Online Uservoice. It will let our related team hear your voice. Many good features are added from customers' good suggestions.

As a workaround, you may create a custom tile. So, users can directly access the SharePoint Online page which is customized by you.

Thanks for your understanding.

Tim

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-02-14T22:46:12+00:00

    Hi Stacey,

    I noticed that you have posted this thread in our forum. Could you share with me the URL info mentioned in my private message? We will look into the issue further and contact related team to give you further assistance if necessary. We can focus on that thread for moving forward on the issue.

    Regards,

    Tim

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-02-14T22:31:11+00:00

    I actually like the page but it just isnt accurate.  It doesnt seem to refresh.  I have sites I use every day and they are not listed under frequents.  I also have sites I have deleted months ago and they still show up however when you click them you get a 404 file not found.  There is no sign of these sites in powershell and they still show up under frequents.

    How can we make this page refresh?  or at least give us access to rearrange....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-02-14T17:32:37+00:00

    Hi GPned,

    Sorry for the inconvenience. To give you dedicated support about the issue, we suggest you start a new thread in our forum. Our engineers will troubleshoot further with you in the new thread. If necessary, we will collect some related trace logs and tenant info. And then contact the related team to investigate further on the issue.

    Thanks for your understanding.

    Tim

    Hi Tim, 

    I posted the same question on the forum, I hope the engineers can help me: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice\_sharepoint-mso\_win10-mso\_o365b/deleted-sharepoint-site-still-visible-under-recent/b493d1c5-6ae4-4e01-9e92-61c4d2091009?tm=1518629268558

    I think we would still all like some acknowledgement for this problem, since I'm not the only one complaining about this. We're paying for a service that gives us all a lot of headaches. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-02-14T17:00:09+00:00

    Hi GPned,

    Sorry for the inconvenience. To give you dedicated support about the issue, we suggest you start a new thread in our forum. Our engineers will troubleshoot further with you in the new thread. If necessary, we will collect some related trace logs and tenant info. And then contact the related team to investigate further on the issue.

    Thanks for your understanding.

    Tim

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments