Change the sharepoint.aspx page

Anonymous
2017-03-14T01:01:10+00:00

If you click the "sharepoint" tile in the app launcher, you are now taken to  _layouts/15/sharepoint.aspx.

This page is an embarassment so how do I edit/change it?

The "you visited" information shown is rubbish - it's completely inaccurate, out of date and of no use whatsoever to a user. Where is the data pulled from and why does Msft think anyone would want to see this?

Microsoft 365 and Office | SharePoint | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-04-30T09:04:28+00:00

Hi Webbrewers3,

We understand admins may have requirements to custom the SharePoint home page or directly change it to the page you want. As we discussed above, the best way to influence our products and services is to submit your feedback via SharePoint Online Uservoice. It will let our related team hear your voice. Many good features are added from customers' good suggestions.

As a workaround, you may create a custom tile. So, users can directly access the SharePoint Online page which is customized by you.

Thanks for your understanding.

Tim

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-03-15T07:00:00+00:00

    Hi everyone,

    For normal users, the redirecting page of the SharePoint icon can show all sites they are able to access, not only the team site. They can select which site they want to access from this page. As posted above we cannot change this page to a different URL or edit this page. I know there are still something we can do improve. I suggest you submit your detailed requirements and feedback via Uervoice to let our related team know that.

    Thanks for your understanding.

    Linda

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-03-15T05:10:09+00:00

    I could not agree MORE.   This is a crap page + landing 'experience'.

    Office 365 configuration should allow you to change the URL this button goes to.

    Or - just direct to "tenant.sharepoint.com" - not the _layouts/15/sharepoint.aspx page...

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-03-14T11:54:20+00:00

    "it can help users to quick remember one important file s/he accessed last time belongs to which site."

    Ok, so what is the page supposed to show? I access sites everyday and right now I'm seeing mostly content I accessed 3 months ago. None of the content I accessed say in the last week shows up. It's pointless as is. And I have to explain to users why they are forced to look at such a poorly designed page.

    Can I hide the tile for regular users ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-03-14T03:37:14+00:00

    Hi webbrewers3,

    I have to say that it is not feasible to edit the redirecting page of SharePoint icon. If the "you visited" information you mentioned in your post means the Recentoption in the page, in my opinion, it is useful for users, for example, it can help users to quick remember one important file s/he accessed last time belongs to which site. If it is useless for you or if you have any other suggestions to the redirecting page, I suggest you submit your feedback via Uservoice, this is the best way to let our related team know that.

    Thanks for your feedback and understanding.

    Linda

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments