A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Thanks for the feedback.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have a single section document in Word 2013. The first page is a TOC. The document is 4 pages
long and has three Level 1 Heading styles through out the document. The TOC initially appears correct.
When I go to Print Preview the TOC will revert all page numbers to 2.
Changing the Options "Update fields before printing" and "Allow fields containing tracked changes to update before printing" has no effect (before anyone suggests this).
The only solution is to manually update the TOC, save to PDF, and print the PDF.
Anyone can reproduce this problem. Try it....
I have seen many descriptions of this behavior on different forums and not one solution. But I am like the proverbial dog with a bone - I will not let this issue go until MS gives me a solution !
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thanks for the feedback.
Have just gone through the process again to confirm that there is no problem here when using Office Professional Plus 2013 (15.0.4701.1001) MSO (15.0.4701.1000) 32-bit on a Samsung Slate running Windows 7 64-bit.
It doesn't matter how many times I use Print Preview\return to the document.
Thanks for your time Doug. I can now confirm that this issue occurs for Windows 7 and 8 so seems to be independent of OS used. Microsoft has now confirmed the issue.
I would be interested to know why you do not experience the issue. What is different about your environment? It may help us solve the cause of the problem.
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
Sorry Stefan - I was not locking the field correctly. You are correct and it is a good work around until MS fix the problem. I am marking your post as useful, but won't mark as an answer, because your excellent suggestion is a workaround rather than a fix. Hope that's OK.