Undo won't work MS Word 365 on Windows 10

Anonymous
2015-09-25T18:25:33+00:00

In the toolbar at the top of Word, the UNDO option no longer works. Save, Redo, and Speak still function properly. Since Windows 10 upgrade, any program I open uses so much memory and CPU, typing and deleting are jerky and slow, so I use undo a lot. What the heck???

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-10-10T14:49:01+00:00

    Lisa, did the restore work? I'm still having issues. I loaded on an older laptop with Windows *, but it was slow to begin with. Thoughts of using Google Drive give me hives, but I may have to resort to that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-10-09T13:54:39+00:00

    Start Excel, a blank doc, type something a cell, then use Undo - does it function?

    Within Word, File>Options>Add-ins.........manage com add-ins go Btn, what add-ins are shown?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-10-09T12:39:50+00:00

    And I looked at this link. Unfortunately, none of it is for Windows 10 and Office 2016. Maybe those fixes will come quickly, because I'm losing my mind.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-10-09T12:36:53+00:00

    Yes, Stefan. I tried safe mode on 365 and on 2016, and it made no difference. The UNDO button didn't work. As for poorly designed add-ins, the only add-ins I downloaded came from the MS site. Would that mean the MS add-ins are poorly designed for the combination of Windows 10 and MS Office? I can't help but feel that 10 is responsible for all these problems, and I know I'm not alone in that feeling. Unfortunately, the problems didn't begin until I was past the 30 window to remove 10.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2015-10-08T18:51:15+00:00

    Troubleshoot for poorly designed add-ins. Follow the manual steps that refer to COM and Startup add-ins in the Knowledge Base article at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/921541.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments